If you work with data in Microsoft Excel, you know how important it is to be able to format that data quickly and efficiently. Fortunately, there are a number of keyboard shortcuts that can help you with this task. In this article, we’ll share 19 of the best Excel keyboard shortcuts for formatting cells and data.
1. Ctrl + 1: Open the Format Cells dialog box
2. Ctrl + 2: Bold selected text
3. Ctrl + 3: Italicize selected text
4. Ctrl + 4: Underline selected text
5. Ctrl + 5: Strikethrough selected text
6. Ctrl + 6: Superscript selected text
7. Ctrl + 7: Subscript selected text
8. Ctrl + 8: Apply or remove cell borders
9. Ctrl + 9: Hide selected rows
10. Ctrl + 0: Hide selected columns
11. Ctrl + A: Select all cells in the worksheet
12. Ctrl + B: Bold selected cells
13. Ctrl + I: Italicize selected cells
14. Ctrl + U: Underline selected cells
15. Ctrl + F: Apply or remove cell fill color
16. Ctrl + G: Go to a specific cell
17. Ctrl + H: Replace text in cells
18. Ctrl + K: Insert a hyperlink
19. Ctrl + Z: Undo the last action
These are just a few of the many keyboard shortcuts that can save you time when formatting cells and data in Excel. For a complete list of shortcuts, consult the Excel help documentation or ask your IT department for assistance.
Excel is a powerful tool for organizing and analyzing data, but it can be time-consuming to navigate through all the menus and options to format your cells and data. That’s where keyboard shortcuts come in handy. In this article, we’ll cover 19 Excel keyboard shortcuts for formatting cells and data that will save you time and make your work more efficient.
1. Ctrl + 1
This shortcut opens the Format Cells dialog box, where you can change the number format, alignment, font, border, and fill options for the selected cells.
2. Ctrl + Shift + $
This shortcut applies the currency format to the selected cells.
3. Ctrl + Shift + %
This shortcut applies the percentage format to the selected cells.
4. Ctrl + Shift + #
This shortcut applies the date format to the selected cells.
5. Ctrl + Shift + @
This shortcut applies the time format to the selected cells.
6. Ctrl + Shift + !
This shortcut applies the number format with two decimal places, comma separator, and minus sign for negative values to the selected cells.
7. Ctrl + Shift + ^
This shortcut applies the scientific format to the selected cells.
This shortcut allows you to edit the contents of the selected cell.
9. Ctrl + X
This shortcut cuts the selected cells or text.
10. Ctrl + C
This shortcut copies the selected cells or text.
11. Ctrl + V
This shortcut pastes the cut or copied cells or text.
12. Ctrl + Z
This shortcut undoes the last action.
13. Ctrl + Y
This shortcut redoes the last action.
14. Ctrl + A
This shortcut selects all the cells in the current worksheet.
15. Ctrl + Shift + Arrow Keys
This shortcut selects a range of cells in the direction of the arrow key.
16. Ctrl + Spacebar
This shortcut selects the entire column of the active cell.
17. Shift + Spacebar
This shortcut selects the entire row of the active cell.
18. Ctrl + Page Up
This shortcut switches to the previous worksheet.
19. Ctrl + Page Down
This shortcut switches to the next worksheet.
These 19 Excel keyboard shortcuts for formatting cells and data will help you work more efficiently and save time. Try them out and see how much faster you can format your spreadsheets!